Wednesday, April 29, 2015

*FOR TEACHERS* GET INSPIRED - WEBSITE REFERENCES

 
I have recently returned from a trip to Europe with enough money just to get by. Still, for some strange reason I actually cannot reason with my brain, I feel inspired to share, to give without expecting anything in return. I have worked all day today and not even one cent got into my account because I chose not to charge people today. Maybe I'm doing this because I feel grateful for all that I have accomplished in the past few months and want somehow to pay for that. Or maybe it's a little bit more than that; working without expecting compensation makes me feel like I own myself, I'm bigger than this being I call myself. That doesn't mean I'll never charge anyone for my work and that I'll try to live in this world pretending money is not part of it. It means that I can stop and help others once in a while, it means that I can bring a different mentality to what I do every day, it means that I can stop grudge from taking control over who I am.

Enough with the philosophy now! This post aims to finish this magical and different day, when I chose to give my best to the world without expecting anything in return. And in order to finish it in big style I decided to write down a compilation of all the websites I have often referred to when preparing classes. This list will (and I hope it does) grow within time as I remember and discover new websites.

Check out these babies:

For teaching ideas

This blog is by a teacher that have greatly inspired me back in Ireland.

Where to find videos

Find tons of videos with better quality than YouTube.

Find a selection of nice videos with lesson plans you can download for free. This website is legit, there are no ads, and you can donate money to maintain it only if you want.

Tons of super interesting videos with lesson plans you can refer your students to or edit as to suit your specific needs. Really cool website with lots of inspirational videos if you like that kind of thing - English teachers hardly ever do, right?

Find here video lessons on different grammar topics. I like to use some of these videos to get my students to learn it from someone else just to break the routine once in a while.

Where to find any kind of material

You can really find anything you want here, from lesson plans, to tips, worksheets, PowerPoint presentations. It's all free for you to download. You can also contribute uploading your lessons.

Where to find songs

I really recommend this website as a way to practice English with songs as they have transformed the old "fill in the gaps" in a nice entertaining game, the thing is addictive! You can refer your students to a specific song in the website or even use it in class to relax a little bit.

This website has lots of materials for teaching and learning English. I really like their song section as you can find some specific topics such as preposition practice.

Check out often for updates!