Saturday, April 18, 2015

*FOR TEACHERS* SIMPLE PRESENT - WE WORK HARD EVERY DAY

 
With this class I aimed to practice some features of the Simple Present I noticed my students still needed help with, even if they were not an Elementary level. The slides give lots of opportunities for conversation practices as well as grammar expansion on the following topics:
  • 'BE' vs. other verbs (briefly covered in slide 2)
  • verb + TO + verb (briefly covered in slide 2)
  • Usage of Present Perfect to talk about routine (main focus of the lesson)
  • Adverbs of frequency (throughout the whole lesson)
  • Third person (covered in slide 7; opportunity to practice it in the following slides)
  • Personal and possessive pronouns (opportunity to practice it in slides 8 through 9)
Besides the vocabulary that came up, the video activity was a plus as a listening activity. I really liked the results of this lesson, which I used with students that had taken classes before coming to me, and are somewhere between elementary and per-intermediate in terms of grammar, know vocabulary at an intermediate level, and have good listening skills.

Click to view the lesson: