Monday, March 16, 2015

*FOR TEACHERS* SIMPLE PRESENT SPEAKING & WRITING ACTIVITY - MY EVERYDAY LIFE



This class is supposed to keep students speaking! I added a funny video, a funny image and an interesting paragraph along with some slides that prompt students to talk about their routine.

The main goal of this class is to make students use the structure verb+TO+verb. I have already talked to students about it, but would like to make sure they use this structure when they speak. The verbs I have chosen to focus on are:
- Like (+TO+verb)
- Want (TO+verb)
- Prefer (+TO+verb)

Lots of vocabulary may come up during this class, which is also a plus.

In the end, there is a writing activity, which I find a nice way to make students review on their own what they learned in class, so I would use it as homework.

Something important to note is that slide 6 has one sentence that reads "What ME teacher thinks I do." I have chosen to use this image because where I live that is the way lots of people speak very often and I would like to talk about it with my students.

If you're interested, click here to access the PP presentation for this class.

Go to Teacher Section